Sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR) is a key priority for Swedish development and humanitarian assistance. The right to decide over one’s own body and sexuality is an important issue for Sweden and is reflected in many of our strategies and dialogue plans.
This training provides the basic information on SRHR that all staff should be aware of. The content is based on the revised Dialogue for Change on SRHR, published by the Swedish Government Offices in 2022.
This course has been designed for all employees at Sida and the Swedish Foreign Service. Partners may also find it useful but they are not the primary target.
After this course you will be able to:
- Define key SRHR concepts
- Explain why SRHR is important
- Describe SRHR’s relationship to the four development perspectives
- Recognize the relevant global and regional agreements related to SRHR
- Understand the challenges and opportunities related to SRHR
- Recognize key partners and their roles in promoting SRHR
In this training you will learn about the basics of SRHR by visiting a village. You can navigate by clicking on the buildings in the village where different people will provide information in an engaging manner. Links are provided in the training for those who want to get more in-depth information on the topics discussed. The training will take between 30 and 60 minutes depending on if you click on the links or not.