Nexus Essentials Course
This online-based course is designed to help develop a common understanding of Nexus approaches across the humanitarian, development and peace (HDP) pillars.
The course is accessed at Nexus Academy’s platform. You need to create an account for this.
Nexus Academy is an initiative of the DAC-UN Dialogue. Common good powered by UNDP Crisis Academy.
The course consists of 5 modules covering the basics of the Humanitarian-Development-Peace (HDP) Nexus.
The core course should take between 2-3 hours to complete. Reading through additional resources would require more time. You are highly encouraged to take breaks after 45 min of learning time. Use the break to do anything that relaxes you, e.g. stretch, take a walk, grab a bite, talk to someone, meditate.
After this course you will be abble to:
- Describe the HDP Nexus
- Explain why we should invest in Nexus approaches
- Identify broad categories of HDP Nexus stakeholders
- Describe trilingualism in the context of the HDP Nexus
- List key principles in operationalising Nexus approaches
- Explore actions you can take to accelerate Nexus approaches
This is an introduction for newcomers to the HDP Nexus and a refresher for seasoned HDP Nexus professionals.
Go to the Nexus Academy Platform to start the course